The stock market opens today and investors are looking to see how the big names fare. Zoom Video, Five9, Exxon, IBM and other companies will be among the most watched stocks on the day.
Today is a big day for the stock market. The zoom stock is a tool that will help you find out what stocks to watch on opening day.
Updated at 8:44 a.m. on July 19, 2021 ET
Global financial markets, government bond rates, and commodities prices are all down, owing to increased concerns about the Delta form of Covid-19 and inflation. Here’s what we’re keeping an eye on ahead of Monday’s opening. Here’s the whole market report.
- This morning, 59% of FIVN 5.08 percent investors are high-fiving one other. Zoom Video Communications ZM -1.65 percent, a videoconferencing company, intends to buy the cloud-based customer-service software provider in an all-stock transaction for $14.7 billion. Premarket, shares of Five9 rose 8.1 percent, while Zoom fell 1.1 percent.
On April 18, 2019, a sign advertises Zoom Video Communications before the company’s Nasdaq IPO in New York.
Mark Lennihan/Associated Press photo
- Crude oil prices in the United States are down 3.9 percent this morning, and major producers’ stocks are following suit. Premarket, Occidental Petroleum OXY -4.36 percent was down 5.8%, ConocoPhillips COP -2.70 percent was down 4.1 percent, and Exxon XOM -2.16 percent were all down. Devon Energy DVN -3.10 percent declined 5.2 percent and Mobil lost 3.1 percent.
- The gloomy mood had a negative impact on bank stocks. Morgan Stanley MS -2.28 percent was down 2.4 percent premarket, JPMorgan Chase JPM -1.53 percent was down 2.6 percent, and Goldman Sachs GS -2.90 percent was down 2.5 percent.
- Retail Properties of America RPAI 4.43 percent shares rose 0.7 percent premarket, defying the day’s gloom. In an all-stock transaction, it will merge with Kite Realty Group Trust KRG -6.05 percent. Kite’s stock has remained unchanged.
- A price drop and a SPAC deal: Investindustrial Acquisition IIAC -1.87 percent, a blank-check firm, gave up previous gains and fell 0.5 percent premarket. Ermenegildo Zegna, an Italian luxury company, wants to generate $880 million by merging with SPAC in the United States.
- The blank-check firm headed by hedge-fund manager William Ackman, Pershing Square Tontine Holdings, PSTH -0.53 percent, announced it would not continue with its planned purchase of a 10% interest in Universal Music Group. The SPAC’s stock rose 0.6 percent before the bell.
- According to a regulatory filing Monday, trading app Robinhood Markets aims to raise approximately $2 billion in its initial public offering, giving it a market value of about $33 billion.
- Steel Dynamics, STLD -3.14 percent IBM, IBM -1.23 percent PPG Industries PPG -1.90 percent and J.B. Hunt Transport Services JBHT -1.86 percent are among the businesses releasing results on Monday.
The Day’s Chart
- Economists predict that growth would decrease in the second quarter as the benefits of fiscal stimulus and reopenings fade.
Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8
The u.s. share market news is a blog that features the latest in stock market news. The article will be updated with the latest information on what stocks to watch when the stock market opens today.
- stocks tumbling today
- zoom wsj
- investors are on the hunt for the next zoom here are 8 candidates
- oil stocks dropped today
- july 19, 2021 stock market