Google Chromecast is a Chromecast is a small HDMI dongle that plugs into your TV and allows you to stream Netflix, YouTube and other online content from your Android, iPhone, iPad and laptop to the TV through your home network. Chromecast also offers a lot of other features, like the ability to send photos and videos from your phone to your TV.
One of the most frustrating things about the Chromecast is that you need an iPhone or iPad to do it to, but if you have an Apple TV, you can cast your content from that device to your TV using the Apple TV remote.
This guide can help you use your Apple TV as a Chromecast to cast videos, photos, and music from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your TV.
Watching material has never been simpler, particularly if you don’t have access to cable networks. There are many OTT options available that are less expensive than a cable subscription. The benefit of using OTT services is that you may view them from anywhere. You may watch from where you left on your TV, PC, or even your mobile device. Apple TV is a streaming service that allows you to view a wide range of material. From movies to other Apple Original programs, there’s something for everyone. Here’s how to cast Apple TV to Chromecast if you have Apple TV on your Apple device and want to view it on your Smart TV.
Well. Smart TVs are intelligent enough to allow you to screen share or cast video from your phone. It aids in making the viewing as well as the auditory experience much more immersive and enjoyable. Many applications now allow you to cast or mirror immediately, particularly if you have an Android smartphone. However, since the Apple TV app is only accessible on the iPhone and iPad, getting it to work may be a little difficult. Anyway, let’s have a look at how to use Chromecast to cast Apple TV.
Is it possible to cast Apple TV to a Chromecast?
So, can you use an Android TV to cast Apple TV to a Chromecast? No, that is not the case. You can only cast to a TV with Apple AirPlay built-in, which is only available on a few models. If you don’t have an Apple AirPlay-compatible TV, this may be a pain.
How to Stream Apple TV to Chromecast from a Computer
Using a PC is the only reasonable and logical method to cast Apple TV content to a Chromecast-enabled TV. To cast Apple TV to Chromecast, follow the instructions below.
- Visit the tv.apple.com website on your computer.
- Log in with your Apple ID or create one if you don’t already have one.
- If you’re a first-time user, you may take advantage of the free seven-day trial period.
- Turn on your TV now that you have your Apple TV account set up and ready.
- Make sure your TV and computer are both on the same wireless network.
- You must now look for the TV on your PC in order to cast your content to it.
- To launch the Action Center on your Windows 10 PC, touch the speech bubble icon on the right side of the taskbar.
- Choose the tile that says “Connect.” You’ll notice a Connect Wireless Display option. Choose it.
- Your PC will now begin looking for other Wireless Displays on the same network as you.
- Simply pick your TV from the list, and you should now be able to screen cast to your TV.
- You’ll be able to cast Apple TV to your Chromecast display in this manner.
Chromecast with Apple TV installed
You may now utilize the Apple TV app on your Google Chromecast device that is connected to your TV if you use the newest Chromecast device for your TV.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- You may now look for the Apple TV app once you’re inside. You may accomplish this by entering the app’s name into the search box or searching for Apple TV with your voice.
- Choose the Apple TV app from the search results.
- On download the app to your Chromecast, choose Install.
- Select Open after the program has been downloaded.
- Simply press the Start Watching button to begin.
- Go to the right side of the screen and choose the Gear symbol.
- To start viewing content on the Apple TV app, either establish an account or login in with your current Apple ID.
This is how you can cast Apple TV to your Chromecast using a workaround. Yes, it’s strange that Apple doesn’t offer an app for Android smartphones, but then again, it’s the only way users will be enticed to switch to an Apple device to use the app. However, if you have an AirPlay-enabled TV, you should be OK without having to go to the trouble of casting Apple TV to Chromecast through other devices.
Apple TV Streaming Channels You Might Like
Also, please forward this information to your friends and family. If you have any questions, please leave a remark.
More Related Content:
Initially written for Netflix’s myremoval.com , this guide was updated on Mar 23, 2017 to have more accurate info.. Read more about apple tv login and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- which channels are free on apple tv?
- apple tv app
- apple tv plus
- apple tv login
- apple tv streaming